Do You Feel (Un)lucky? Well, Do You?

I’m not usually too superstitious about Friday, the 13th (the day, not the movies, none of which I’ve ever seen, so I guess I’m not too concerned about them either...but I digress). We had one in January and we’ll have another in July, so this is not the year to start worrying about it. But, it did make me think for a moment about luck and feeling lucky or unlucky. I am lucky to write weekly posts for this blog (with an occasional break when a guest blogger sits in), which means I have a great excuse highly professional reason to keep up with activities on the Trails of History. I am unlucky, in that I don’t actually get out to experience as many of these activities as I’d like. So, I’m going to work on that. In the meantime, here are some odds and ends (in no particular order) that I picked up in the past week or two.

Daniel Boone Homestead’s Facebook page has photos of their recent Pennsylvania German Easter and Spring Nature Program. Plastic Easter eggs were “hidden” around the site, which encouraged kids and their families to explore the historic buildings and learn about crafts and trades of earlier times. (There are also some really cute photos of baby bunnies living on the site.)

Staying in the Facebook arena, Landis Valley Village and Farm Museum just posted photos from the opening of their new Lancaster Long Rifle exhibit. You can read more about the exhibit here.

The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania has scheduled training sessions for museum volunteers on April 26 and April 28. Volunteers will learn about the museum’s long-range plans, practice fielding commonly asked visitor questions, and work on how to explain the exhibits and rolling stock to visitors. You must be a current volunteer of the museum to take part in the training, but it’s not too late to join the team. Go to the website here for more information.

Pennsbury Manor and Ephrata Cloister have recently upgraded or started museum blogs to share more information with visitors and potential visitors. You can find program information and behind-the-scenes details and provide feedback to site staff.

And finally, because I can't resist a good stop-action, time-lapse video:

0 comments:

Post a Comment