On Being Thankful

This year, I’m thankful for my husband, my mom, my brother, and all the rest of my family—in-laws, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, and cousins of all varieties. I’m thankful for new friends and colleagues and thankful for old long-time friends and colleagues. I’m thankful for good health and a happy home. I’m thankful for Trailheads readers (many of whom fall into other categories already noted). And I’m thankful for the opportunity to share with you the good work that goes on every day on the Trails of History. What are you thankful for this year?

Most sites are closed today, but if you feel the need to get everyone (or just yourself) out of the house, you should find Fort Pitt Museum, Pennsylvania Military Museum, Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, and Washington Crossing Historic Park (with the exception of Bowman's Hill Tower) open. (As always, it's a good idea to check ahead just in case there's been a change.) On Saturday, all sites will be on their normal schedules, and shopping in our museum stores is a great way to celebrate Small Business Saturday.

Site Administrator Dr. Bode Morin (left) with Robert Vybrenner, recipient of
the inaugural  Black Diamond Award from the Eckley Miners’ Village
 Associates. Photo by Donna Buchanan (via Facebook)

In keeping with today’s theme, I’ll mention that Eckley Miners’ Village Associates recently presented their inaugural Black Diamond Award to the organization’s immediate past president, Robert Vybrenner. The award was initiated to honor and recognize meritorious service in support of the Village, its programs, and its mission of preserving and sharing with the public the heritage of the anthracite coal region.

So I’ll add to my list of things I’m thankful for all of the people who give their hearts and their energies to keeping the Trails of History vibrant. Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment