What Are You Thankful For?

Trailheads is a little early this week to get ahead of the holiday.

I am thankful for my husband, my family, my friends, and my colleagues. I am thankful for my health and my home. I am thankful for reminders that I should never take any of these things for granted, because there are so many people who cannot even take their next meal or a safe place to live for granted. I am thankful for all of you who read Trailheads and who support the work of everyone on the PHMC's Trails of History. What are you thankful for?

Getz Dry House at Landis Valley Before and After preservation
Thankful for the work of PHMC's Preservation Field Services section - this is the Getz Dry House at Landis Valley Village and Farm Museum, before and after restoration work (photo by Rob Coates)
All of our Trails of History sites will be closed tomorrow, Nov. 24, for Thanksgiving. The following will be open on Friday, Nov. 25:

Regular schedules resume on Saturday, Nov. 26, but please be sure to check ahead. Operating schedules change seasonally at a number of sites, so it's always best to be sure the site you want to visit will be open when you plan to be there (list of all sites). And don't forget to remember your favorite site on #GivingTuesday, Nov. 29. (UPDATE: Daniel Boone Homestead sent me a link to the donation page on their website to make it easier.)

Remember to "Shop Small" at Ephrata Cloister and all Trails of History museum stores
I've posted the list of December programs for those of you who like to plan ahead (holiday programming starts on Dec. 1), but there's still stuff to do in November!

Saturday, Nov. 26
  • Patriots's Day, Brandywine Battlefield Park, admission charged (details), 10 am-4pm
  • Candlelight Open House, Ephrata Cloister, admission charged (details), 5-8:30 pm
  • A Continental Christmas, Graeme Park, free admission (details), noon-4pm
  • Wreaths & Greens Workshop, Pennsbury Manor, advance registration required (details), 10 am-noon or 1-3 pm

Starting Tuesday, Nov. 29
  • Christmastime for Children, Old Economy Village, advance registration required (details)

I will all of you a happy, healthy, and safe Thanksgiving, full of good things. If you'd like to explore your family history while you have everyone gathered, The Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage has developed a list of questions to help you get started.

0 comments:

Post a Comment